Some of you had been asking me about what products I use on my skin, so today I am sharing with you guys my current skincare routine and tell you the products that I use for my body and face.
Well, I think most of you know that I have fair skin ever since I was little. I guess I got it from my mom and dad who are Chinese, but only a few people know that I have dry skin especially now that I’m in my thirties. And yes, I am turning another year older on Monday.
When I was younger (like in my teens up to my late twenties) I had no problem with dry skin and I am so low maintenance I don’t even use so many products, not even body lotion. But as I have grown older, I guess our body and elasticity of skin gets old too that I really felt the need to use some products to help me deal with my skin issue and take care of my skin for that matter. The dryest parts of my body are usually my shin, my arms and T-zone area of my face.
There are 16 skincare products I use almost on a daily basis, so I will go through each one of them below. Most of which, if not all, are Paraben free and no harmful chemicals. I always check the ingredients before buying any skincare products.
- Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash – ever since I was a kid, I prefer body wash over bar soaps. I use a loofah and lather my body with it. This one really soothes my dry skin during shower and I love it.
I have two facial wash, coz one is in the shower and one in on my sink. I find it more convenient having two facial wash.
2. Andalou Naturals Coconut Water Firming Cleanser 3. Derma-E Anti Wrinkle Cleanser 4. Derma-E Firming DEA Toner – I use this after washing my face day and night. (all available at Healthy Options)
These three are a skin saver for me, and it is really good if you have dry skin like me. I use them right after a shower so it easily gets absorbed into my skin for soft and moisturized skin. Th common denominator of this three products is argan oil. So if you have dry skin, look some lotion with argan oil, it is really amazing.
5. A LA MAISON Moisturizing Shea Butter & Argan Oil is what I use when I travel because it is so handy.
6. Palmer’s Skin Therapy Oil – I love using this coz it is not sticky to the skin and it dries out flawlessly right after a shower. I also use it before going to bed. (Available in all leading department stores and Watsons)
7. Janice Goat’s Milk & Argan Oil Hand and Body Lotion – is so creamy and feel so soft on the skin. I actually use this together with Palmer’s Skin therapy oil. Like after 5 to 8 minutes when the oil sets in, I put on this Janice lotion for a super moisturized skin all day long.
8. Nature Republic Sun Spray SPF50 – I love using sun spray coz you can easily re-apply it whenever and wherever. 9. Innisfree Perfect UV Protection Cream Triple Care SPF50 – don’t go out without sunblock. Protect your skin from the sun.
And here are my face buddies: 10. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum – I have been using this for almost three months now after I finished my other beauty serum from Estee Lauder (Read about it here) and this serum is for all skin types, my friends and sister love this too. 11. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum – can’t live without eye serum and this one is the best so far. 12. Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Eye Cream – I use this after the eye serum. 13. Tony Moly GF-Factor Cream Moisturizer & 14. Nature Republic Shea Butter Steam Cream – I use alternately after the serum. Moisturizer is a must every night. You’ll wake up with a supple, soft and glowing skin in the morning.
For insect bites and those days where I have irritated and itchy skin, I use either of these balms. These products are even safe to use of babies. I got this 15. Pawpaw from my friend Chinggay when she went to Australia as pasalubong. Then this 16. Organic Healing Balm is from Landers.
Outfit details: Wrap dress from @houseoflabella on Instagram, Bag from Pinkaholic Clothing, Sandals from Zara (old).
We all have different skin types so what works for me may not necessarily work for you. But just wanted to share with you these products that I have been using and help my skin issues. Hope you find this post helpful. Do leave a comment down below if you have been using any of the products I have mentioned above. I’d love to hear from you. Thanks for reading guys!