Sharing with you guys my DIY Christmas theme photoshoot I did with Riley a couple of days ago. The shoot was done in 30 minutes. Well, when you have a toddler then you know how impatient they are and they just won’t stay in one place.
I planned on hiring a professional photographer for this Christmas theme photoshoot that I saw on Pinterest but knowing how Riley’s behavior towards photoshoot now. It’s always a struggle taking photos with a toddler. So, I thought it was just best to do it myself. And I am glad I did coz we were done in 30 minutes and save me some money too.
Since Riley perspires a lot and we were shooting outdoors, I knew Riley is gonna be sweaty and irritable in no time thus his super chill outfit. And all the more reason to keep the shoot under 30minutes.
Here are the props I prepared for this shoot that you can find in your home (or your neighbors).
- Ride on car (using Little Tikes Cozy Coupe)
- Mini Christmas tree
- Christmas wreath
- Christmas Ornaments
- Christmas lights
- Woven bag with stuffing (from a PR Package)
Basically decorated the ride on car with Christmas decorations and it was good to go.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL PHOTOSHOOT
- Plan the shoot and pick a location/theme/set up/props.
- It’s always a good idea to shoot with natural daylight, especially if you are not equipt with lights. Best to shoot outdoors so check the weather.
- Schedule the shoot after your child’s nap time. (You don’t want to shoot a sleepy and crying child)
- Let your child wear comfortable clothes.
- Bring his/her favorite toys.
- Use a reliable camera.
- Bring a fan if you are shooting outdoors.
- Bring a cheering squad (Optional… LOL)
- Have fun and take as many shots as you can!
Shot this at around 4:00 PM at my parent’s garden.
Riley’s jumpsuit is from Zara and his sandals from Gingersnaps.
Stop taking more photos mama.. hahah!
And that’s a wrap guys! I’m no professional photographer but I am happy with the outcome of our photoshoot. (Love my own I guess?) Christmas is just around the corner, so have you guys done some Christmas shopping already? I hope so, to beat the Christmas rush. Thanks for dropping by today. Have a great week ahead!
Camera used in this shoot: Canon M6 and Iphone 11 Pro.